Posted on

BPC At Blue Mountain

Courtesy of BPC

The Brewton-Parker College soccer teams were in Mississippi last week to take on Blue Mountain Christian on Thursday of last week.


Bre w t o n – Pa r k e r Women’s Soccer traveled to Mississippi for a Southern States Athletic Conference match against Blue Mountain Christian (Miss.) on Thursday. The Lady Barons (1-8-1, 1-6-0 SSAC) were surpassed by the Toppers (4-8-1, 2-4-0 SSAC) in a 3-1 loss on the road.

Brewton-Parker was able to open the match with the first attempt on goal coming from Katelyn Ladner at the 2:15 mark, but the Toppers’ keeper denied BPC from the early score. With just over four minutes of play after, Adrianna Parsons from Blue Mountain managed to find the back of the net for the host’s first attempt on goal in the seventh minute to take a 1-0 advantage.

The Toppers produced three more shots before Brewton-Parker managed to respond with a header on goal from Beata Chako, unfortunately for BPC, that attempt was stopped as well. Blue Mountain scored once again in the 26th minute for a twogoal lead and held strong to the deficit over the Lady Barons keeping away a pair of shots on frame from Kathleen Fisher in the 29th and 34th minutes.

The hosts held a 10-5 shot advantage in the first 45 minutes of action and also led 6-4 in shots on goal.

The Lady Barons nearly found a score of their own in the 65th and 70th minutes with attempts from Julissa Sanchez and Fisher being kept out by the BMCU goalie. Blue Mountain returned the favor with shot after shot toward Naphtaline Clermeus, but BPC was fortunate enough to remain at the two-goal deficit.

Bre w t o n – Pa r k e r gained a goal back in the 88th minute as Kathleen Fisher netted a solo effort, but Blue Mountain swiftly scored just 60 seconds later for a 3-1 lead. Bailey Brandly gave one final effort with just moments slipping away but it was not enough to find the net.

BMCU led 20-11 in overall shots attempted while leading 11-9 in shots on goal. Fisher led BPC with five shots including four in between the posts, bagging her second goal of the season. Clermeus battled between the posts for BPC, recording eight saves in 90 minutes of play.


Bre w t o n – Pa r k e r Men’s Soccer traveled west and two states over to Mississippi to take on Southern States Athletic Conference foe Blue Mountain (Miss.) on Thursday evening.

The Barons (1-11-1, 0-7-1 SSAC) battled in a tough match against the Toppers (3-5-3, 1-2-3 SSAC), resulting in a 2-2 draw.

“The guys worked incredibly hard tonight and stuck to their task,” Head Coach Bob Neumann said. “They played with an incredible intensity level throughout the match and fought for their opportunities. Their dedication to each of their individual roles is what got us through the match, despite it being marred by non-footballing reasons.” “Excited to get back to the hotel for some deserved rest and then off to UT-Southern on Saturday,” Neumann added.

Blue Mountain recorded five total shots with three being denied by Andrea Abwe before finding the back of the net in the 36th minute for the 1-0 lead. Albert Ovalle began the offensive efforts for Brewton-Parker with a saved header in the 38th minute for the lone attempt towards goal in the first half. BMCU notched four more shots before the break with another save from Abwe coming in the 41st minute and closed out with a defensive save from Jordan de Souza Barclay with just a few seconds remaining on the clock.

The hosts led 10-1 in overall shots in the first 45 minutes of play, leading 6-1 in shots on goal as well.

Rayane Sid Ahmed produced the first attacking chance for BPC in the second half with a shot slipping wide in the 47th minute followed by a blocked shot from Ovalle just a few moments later.

Sid Ahmed continued to pressure BMCU with another attempt toward goal in the 53rd minute which resulted in a save for the Toppers. After two swift Blue Mountain shots and saves for Abwe in the 56th minute, Brewton-Parker leveled the match with Sid Ahmed slotting home a goal for a 1-1 tie in the 57th minute.

A save from Abwe in the 60th minute and another from Victor Garces in the 61st minute kept BPC alive, but the Toppers eventually took control of the score in the 67th minute with a penalty kick for a 2-1 lead.

After some time, Sid Ahmed leveled the match yet again in the 79th minute for a 2-2 draw. Abwe recorded one final save in the 80th minute before being sent off in the 86th minute with a red card. Fortunately for BPC, the Toppers produced just one more attempt that sailed wide, closing the match with a draw.

Blue Mountain ended the match with a 21-6 shot advantage and a 12-4 shot on goal edge as well. Abwe and the BPC defense produced 10 saves as a team, with Abwe recording eight individually. Sid Ahmed led the Barons with four shots and three on frame, moving to three goals on the season.

Recent Death Notices