Posted on

Brewton-Parker Soccer Falls To Mobile

Courtesy of BPC

The Brewton-Parker College soccer teams got back to action last week at they took on the University of Mobile on the road on Thursday.


The Lady Barons (36-1, 0-1-1 SSAC) struggled against the Rams (82-2, 4-0-0 SSAC) in a 3-1 loss. The Lady Barons found themselves in a deficit quicker than expected as the Rams found the back of the net just 58 seconds into the match.

Megan Parker placed a shot on frame in the 6th minute but was kept away from Mobile’s keeper. BPC was denied yet again in the 36th minute as Chloe Bailey’s attempt was denied by the goalie. UM produced 11 shots while BPC recorded just four in the first 45 minutes.

Mobile found the back of the net in the 47th minute to take a 2-0 lead early in the second half.

The Lady Barons struggled to produce any offense for most of the half, finding the first shot of the half in the 63rd minute as Beata Chako slotted a goal with the help of Bailey Brandly.

With a 2-1 lead, Mobile sealed the game shut with a third score in the 84th minute to eventually win with the two-goal advantage.

The Rams outperformed BPC offensively, producing a total of 23 shots compared to the Lady Barons’ 10. Mobile also held a 13-7 advantage in shots on goal. In 90 minutes of action, Kelsie Stapler notched a total of 10 saves. Parker led BPC with four shots overall and three on frame followed by Chako with the lone goal on three overall attempts.


After three postponed matches, Brewton-Parker Men’s Soccer officially returned to action on Thursday night with a road contest against No. 4-ranked Mobile (Ala.) to open Southern States Athletic Conference play. The Barons (07-1, 0-1-0 SSAC) fell to the highly ranked Rams (8-11, 3-1-0 SSAC) in a 4-0 loss. Mobile jumped ahead early with a goal in the 4th minute forcing the Barons to chase. The Barons struggled to produce any offensive threat with just one shot on goal from Derventz Altidor in the 34th minute.

BPC held strong defensively for the remainder of the half until the final seconds before halftime.

The Rams netted their second goal of the match right before the break with just eight seconds left on the clock.

The Rams continued to apply pressure in the second half with a pair of goals during the 59th minute and 62nd minute for a 4-0 lead.

BPC’s lone shot on goal came in the 80th minute from Jacob Shield.

Mobile outshot Brewton- Parker 31-3 in overall shot attempts and 12-2 in shots on goal.

In 62 minutes of play, Jamair Stewart notched five saves while allowing all four goals. Sven Marnot recorded three saves in the final 28 minutes off the bench.

Recent Death Notices