Posted on

continued from page years old, ….

continued from page

years old, a rat got into our house and died in between some camping cots we were storing in a side room. I remember the smell of roadkill emanating from the room, and I clearly remember my parents doing exactly what we did yesterday — removing items one by one — until they found the big, dead rat. But they found it, scrubbed the area with bleach, and moved on with their lives.

I can’t move on with my life yet.

But maybe that’s it. Maybe a mouse got in the house and died behind the refrigerator and that’s what we smell. It’s time to pull out the refrigerator and look behind it with a flashlight. I’ll let you know what we find.

Recent Death Notices